Saturday, October 17, 2009

Notes from Vizag

Its been a long time getting back home. But its been fun - and very very interesting. The last few days in California were a blur of activity - and it seems like a long time ago already. Should I have stayed longer?

I was in Singapore and Thailand for a couple of weeks in between. Singapore is a beautiful city - picture perfect, clean and reliable in most ways. Thailand is a little in between India and Singapore. I was in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. More like one night in Bangkok where I stayed in. So effectively just Chiang Mai. And it is a great place. I had a lot of fun there. And I didnt even get to see a lot of things there. I think I will write a post-travels travelogue since this was my first trip alone to a place where I didnt know anybody.

As for home, I havent been doing much here. Eating, reading, tv, scooter riding, the beach and the like. Diwali was a blast. Ran into a couple of old friends which is always good. I started taking guitar lessons but havent bought a guitar yet. I'm slipping back into my old habit of sleeping very late and waking up very late. But it'll get fixed once I start working. I'm waiting for broadband but maybe it is time to stop waiting. I also want to take swimming lessons and go for yoga classes. One step at a time...

There is a week long trek in Mizoram in November that I really want to go for - but havent decided yet. If I go, I want to do a bit of North East along with it because it is just so far to get to. And I also have to go to Bombay to see my old roommate. And there is Bhutan, Nepal...hmm.

So those are my updates from Vizag. Things just move slower here, and now so do I.

0 comments: