Monday, May 25, 2009

Balmy Alley

It is Memorial Day and a severely underwhelming weekend is coming to an end. I am bummed about it because none of my plans came to fruition and I have nobody else to blame but me. Oh well, hopefully I have better days to make up for days gone by.
But one good thing that I will remember from it, apart from the really awesome Terminator-Salvation, is my visit to Balmy Alley. The Mission apart from being famous for taquerias, dive bars, cool cafes and hipsters is also very well known for - murals. And Balmy Alley is one place to find a good collection of really top-notch murals in a very small area. It is like walking through an open-air permanent art gallery.

I've posted a link to other pictures that I took with my handy but definitely inadequate iPhone camera.


Balmy Alley - Mission District, San Francisco

If you are in the area and want a mural tour, hit me up.

5 comments:

Indira said...

Awesome! This the place we were trying to get to on Monday?

On The Move said...

Yup. We could've driven through. It didnt occur to me.

Indira said...

kada.. we were two real thick heads obsessing with parking :P

On The Move said...

But we did manage to do a lot of things in a very short time.

Indira said...

True. And I drove up Lombard in my car! Yayyyyyyy