Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Browser's block

As a proud master procrastinator, I've always been able to find new ways to put off work and occupy myself ungainfully. Then, one day, the mother of all coincidences happens - it is raining outside, the cafe is haunted by a dreadful experimental musician, the tv's latest and greatest digital reception is patchy and halty, out of groceries to cook, etc.

And as I am fumbling through all my hence-reliable options, I realize that I really should be working/studying. It is time to gather up all the determination and discipline that my parents always hoped was somewhere hidden inside of me, and sit down to business in front of the computer. Of course, hope is just hope and I tell myself that I'll browse around for 15 mins(which is important because knowledge is power) and then start. But bahhhh!! there is nothing to browse.. how can I stop if I cannot start??? None of the old faithful sites have much on them. Mondays!!!!! And in a panic, I ping other friends to chat... and realize the beginning of the week is the least popular day to chat! There are no mails to reply to and basketball games are horrible to follow on a website!!

Minutes turn to hours and there is still no start in sight...

The day is ending and nothing has been accomplished. Heres to a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

me said...

orei..12:51 ante early maurning waa??

day end enti raa... day beginning..

On The Move said...

Antey inka I give up trying to browse for now, ani. Anyway I was saved by the day's episodes of Colbert Report and Daily Show which went live on Hulu a little later :o) And I studied some too.