Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Beware the Ides of April

So, here in Socha again armed with a bunch of papers and listening to Beirut..
I'm about to start off on one of the most complicated systems invented to confound the human brain. Tax filings. But today feels like the end to whatever I owed last year. What if I make something out of it too, no.

Yesterday I had the privilege of having my own private music show of this band called Yacouba from Burkino Faso. Dont worry, my roomie has never heard of the place either. They were asked to come in for a photo shoot. And we asked them to pose with their musical instruments. And due to our/their thick accents, they misunderstood us and started playing. With as much joy and passion as I've ever seen anybody do anything. They could've been drunk and high on their own music. Laughing, shouting, dancing.. I was very lucky to have winessed it.

I feel like writing more but I have to file my taxes, then work on a website and be done in time to have dinner and to go see a play which I have free tickets for. Doesnt seem like a hard life to me.

0 comments: