Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Green Day?

So I received an email from the Independent saying that Green Day would be performing tonight at 8:30 and at 10:00 over there. And the best part, the ticket price was only $20. I'm not a super huge Green Day fan but to see such a band in an intimate music venue would've be awesome. But, by the time I clicked through Ticketweb, they were all sold out. My relentless friends still wanted to go to the venue to check if there were any tickets available at the door, inspite of me saying all kinds of discouraging things. And predictably, too predictably and sadly so, they were sold out and there was a huge line for No-Shows, which I'd doubt would be any, anyway.

So, still itching to do something, we ended up at Amnesia where there was an open-mic going. The first person on the stage was a singer/musician and was super awesome. But the next two, inspite of the sangria, very so totally bad that I mistook their poetry and spoken word for comedy.

Really. Really. No, I mean.. realllly! And I'm not a harsh critic at all. Anyway without asking you to be judgemental, please judge for yourself.

"Charisma shines through your eyes..
........ Your heart beats inside your chest.
Which moves up and then recedes down."

"Pride. We should have just enough pride. We should also be grateful. This, I was taught, when I was a kid in church. Wait a minute. The church said, we should not be proud... hmm. My mind is all mixed up. What the fuck am I saying? Anyway Co-ops. There are a lot of co-ops in this city..."

Yes my friend, yes..you are so right. What the fuck are you saying.
Both their birthdays were this week, so we'll draw some unlikely inference from that later on.
Anyway, that was sufficient reason to down the drinks, on the double, and head out to my coffeeshop. Where there is always refuge to be found in some jazz, hot chocolate and cheerful baristas. Or Hemp Ale, depending on how your sweet tooth is behaving for the night.

1 comments:

me said...

and a chance for a number on an unused check. Socha rocks!!