Monday, April 20, 2009

Why We Blog

It is burning up here in the Bay Area. Apparently the temperature is in the 90s. And people are resorting to tanktops, wifebeaters, shorts, iced coffee and AC-fied indoors. I've only yet taken up iced coffee for now and wiping my brow with a paper napkin every five minutes - feel free to pick bits of paper stuck to my face. What'd happen to Northern Californians if the Indian summers were let loose on them.
In any case, I was trying to think up a reason of why I keep blogging. And also trying to figure out when I blog and when I dont.

This weekend has been a blur of many things. Thursday - The Mighty to see Karsh Kale/Midival Punditz (after which I missed my bus stop and was lost in BayShore at 2:30am); Friday - Housemate's birthday party (for which I cooked some good tandoori chicken and fish fillet) and then Bollyhood ; Saturday - Dinner at friends' place and Bhangra; Sunday - studying and then Elbo Room for Mission Dub.

I think I'm just keeping a diary of things. I write when I wonder about how the days are going by. Maybe mood has nothing to do with it.

Wishlist for the summer:

1. Yosemite
2. Shasta
3. Some place in Oregon - preferably the Redwood National Parks but even Portland/Ashland would do.
4. Just as I was typing that out, I realized that I'd missed Picnic Day in Davis. I want to Amtrak up to Davis.
5. Go camping. Big Basin, maybe. Or one of the places I mentioned above.
6. Bike over the Golden Gate.
7. Exploratorium.
8. Spend quality beach days.

1 comments:

Keerthana's Mom said...

Yay to #8. I keep thinking of doing that too.