Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Biking in the USA

I realized that my bike was stolen from the garage a few weeks back. This would mark my bike being stolen in Davis, San Jose and San Francisco. Or all the bikes I've had so far. So my gameplan now would be... (i feel like using a big word) procuring another bike for the spring. The weather is so great, and another friend, IG, was bike shopping, which got me inspired...I was earlier studying in the bicycle capital of USA, mountain biking, bike commuting, etc. Well, enthusiast is a very big word. But I need it more since I dont have a car. And what would I do with my two helmets, biking shirt and biking gloves, otherwise.
So, used bike shopping it is for this week.
I've already marked my bike route from my apartment to the Ferry Building, Rainbow Grocery, Golden Gate Park, and was marking my route to the Golden Gate bridge and this happens!
I check the weather forecast for the week and there is rain around the corner? What the hell.. I still have to buy that bike. Does it make sense to buy a bike when I might be moving soon? There are enough people who want a bike here, so yes it does. It is easier selling a bike than, for instance, selling my couch.
In other news, I cleaned and rearranged my room and it looks more spacious - books are more visible and laundry is better hidden.

PS: Does a blog have to reflect the perceived personality of the blogger in real life? Isnt it afterall, supposed to give more voice to the blogger. For me personally, I think the more revealing the posts, the better the blog. I'm not courageous enough to reveal my opinions/beliefs here yet (mostly because I keep debating them and they change so often), but I admire people who do. And maybe someday I will get there.

2 comments:

kiran said...

i dont know what to do with 3 bicycles.... will send u ebay link to buy them back.... but yes, i think there is more that you want to say

On The Move said...

Donga! Donga!